The Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice program involves:
- 8000 hours (five years) of on-the-job training
- 144 hours of classes a year
- Hourly starting wage of $24.10
Requirements for application:
- Proof of age (one of the following):
- Driver’s license
- Picture identification
- High school diploma or transcript showing graduation, G.E.D., or equivalent, such as certificate of proficiency.
- Legal employable status in the United States.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Physical fitness to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Applications must be filled out at the Training Center.
After application, qualified applicants will be notified by mail of the time, and location of a written test. The test date is June 2018. Applicants who pass the written test with a minimum score of 70% will be given an oral interview. Applicants will be placed on an eligibility list based on the written test and oral interview.
A valid driver’s license is required at time of indenture and dispatch. The applicant must have transportation to anywhere in the nine Bay Area counties to be dispatched.
Applications are currently open and available every second Wednesday of each month between 12:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at:
Sprinkler Fitters UA Local 483
Apprenticeship Training Center
2531 Barrington Court
Hayward, CA 94545