Trade Show Installers set up and remove exhibits, displays, signs, carpets, support pipes, drapery, furniture and other items for conventions and trade shows and events at hotels, convention centers and other locations throughout the greater Bay Area. The work is physically demanding and mentally challenging.
Notifications for open enrollment will be posted on our web page at: http://www.local510.org
Documents required for application:
- A valid California Driver's License
- An original High School Diploma, GED, or Official Sealed High School transcript (no copies, no exceptions), or proof of a two-year Associate Degree or higher. All records and transcripts must be in English and must be original documents.
- An original Social Security Card (no copies, originals are easily obtainable from your local Social Security Office).
- A one-page typed résumé describing your previous work and educational experience.
- Please understand that no exceptions will be made to the above requirements.
Requirements for Apprenticeship Applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass all U.S. citizenship or working card requirements
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must pass a physical functional assessment test
- Must be available for an in-person interview conducted by the JATC
- A Basic Math Test:
Equivalent to 8th grade basic math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals, and percentages. 25 questions.
- Starting wage: $26.03 per hour
- Medical benefits
- Pension benefits
- Quality on-the-job-training
- Free education/classroom training
Acceptance in Program:
All apprentices must agree to sign a contract that defines their status and agree to all conditions and requirements set for them by the JATC over the course of their apprenticeship.
Apprenticeship Contract Terms and Conditions:
- All apprentices shall undergo a six month and 600 hour probationary period.
- Term of Indenture: Three years on the job experience and 480 hours of classroom time.
- Each apprentice shall also be required to complete a minimum of 40 hours per quarter of training class time, in addition to their on-the-job training.
- All apprentices will be required to provide their own standard tools necessary for performing functions of the job.
The apprenticeship program is overseen and administered by Local 510's JATC (Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee).