Millwrights install and maintain industrial equipment, machinery, and instrumentation. They assemble and install such equipment as conveyors, pumps, compressors, generators, loading dock levelers, overhead cranes, and robotic assembly devices. They work in refineries, manufacturing plants of all types, warehouses, food processing facilities, power plants, and other industrial settings. Although their work can be heavy, it is often technical, requiring a high degree of precision.
The Millwright Apprentice program involves:
  • 4800 hours (usually four years) of on-the-job training
  • Mandatory classes one week each quarter for 36 hours a week.
Requirements for application:
  • Applicants MUST be 18 years of age or a minimum of 17 and have parent or guardian sign their agreements.
  • Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, or Verified 6 months full time work experience in a construction related trade, or Graduated from an approved pre-apprenticeship program.
  • An applicant SHOULD have a valid Drivers License.
  • An applicant SHOULD have Reliable Transportation.
Millwrights are affiliated with the Carpenters Union. Applications may be submitted online, printed online, or picked up at any Carpenters Local Union office, Apprentice Training Center, or Employment Development Department in your area. Printed applications may be submitted in person at the District Office/Training Center Monday thru Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Applicants can print and mail their applications anytime. Upon receipt of a properly completed printed application it will be entered into the Applicant Referral List in numeric sequence. Applications will be entered in the order they are received in person and alphabetized when received by mail. Applications for the Millwrights apprenticeship are given out Monday through Friday except holidays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Carpenters Training Committee for Northern California
2350 Santa Rita Road
Pleasanton, CA 94566-4190
(925) 462-9644
Applications may also be obtained from local offices of the Carpenters Union or from some offices of the California Employment Development Department.
Organized Labor


Sign Up Now

Go to top